This one skillet dish is simple to make and can feed a crowd. Buttery Lemon Rye Prawns are sauteed for a few minutes in….you guessed it, butter and Derek Wolf Lemon Chili Rye blend, then removed and a few more ingredients are added to make the sauce silky and luscious. You only need some crusty bread to mop up the deliciousness, but if you’re wanting to Experiment in Flavor™ then take this recipe and toss it with some al dente bucatini pasta and top with some grated manchego cheese.
Buttery Lemon Rye Prawns
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3–4 servings 1x
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Derek Wolf Lemon Chili Rye blend
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined & shelled
- 1/4 cup Rye whisky (optional)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Chopped parsley
- Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a large skillet. Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute. Toss the shrimp in the spice blend and add the skillet in a single layer and cook until they just turn pink, flipping once. Remove the shrimp to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, whisky, chicken stock, honey and lemon juice and stir to combine well. Return the shrimp and stir to coat. Serve immediately topped with lemon zest and parsley.