Don’t fear the frying pan! This super easy recipe for pan-fried and Greek Freak-coated fresh mozzarella slices are next level in all their crunchy, herby, epic cheese-pull glory. Feel free to spice them up with any chile powders and you can serve atop a salad or along with a Romanesco or amped up marinara dipping sauce.
Greek Freak Fried Mozzarella
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
- 2 tablespoons Spiceology Greek Freak Blend
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 – 16oz package of fresh mozzarella, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 eggs
- vegetable oil or canola oil, for frying
- Spread out flour onto a plate for base coating step one.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and set aside as your wet breading dish step two.
- In a shallow dish combine panko and Greek Freak blend as your dry breading step three.
- Slice your cheese into disks and lay out on a paper towel. This is your assembly prep laid out for frying.
- Heat about an inch of oil in a frying pan on medium-high until it shimmers (365 degrees). Test a crumb of panko and if it bubbles immediately it’s ready.
- The three breading steps in order: Dust cheese slices on flour on all sides shaking off excess. Dip a cheese disc into egg and fully coat all sides. Place into Greek Freak panko and turn to coat well.
- When you have a few coated and ready add carefully with a large fork or slotted spatula into hot oil. Flip when edges start to brown, about a minute. After browning both sides, remove onto paper towels.
- Fry in small batches so as not to crowd the pan. Wait a couple minutes between batches to allow for oil to reach temperature again.
- Serve with marinara or ranch for dipping and enjoy!