The ultimate ultra-fresh and light lunch or dinner idea – the spicy complex Black Magic blend perks up Ahi Tuna perfectly. Grab a few zucchinis and squash from the garden or market for easy veg noodles. This dish is great on a warm spring or summer day.
Black Magic-Crusted Ahi Tuna with Veggie Noodles
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- 4 tablespoons Black Magic Cajun Blackening blend
- 2 ahi tuna steaks (1 1/2 – 2 inches thick)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 carrot
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Prep veggie noodles by either spiral cutting or grating the zucchini, yellow squash and carrot. Place a paper towel in a bowl under veggies to soak up extra water before cooking.
- Pat dry the tuna steaks and coat each side with Black Magic thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a shallow pan, heat two tablespoons of olive oil on high heat.
- When the pan is piping hot, place both tuna steaks in the pan and sear without moving for 2 minutes. Flip and sear for another 2 minutes. Using tongs sear each side for one minute. Transfer to a plate to rest.
- Tuna will be medium rare.
- While tuna is resting add a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and lower heat to medium high. Add veggie noodles and quickly pan fry, stirring continuously to avoid sticking. Season with salt and pepper and plate.
- Slice tuna steaks across the grain and plate on top of veggie noodles.