Coconut Curry Summer Squash Soup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carrot, peeled and medium diced
- 2lb yellow summer squash, medium diced
- 1 yellow onion, medium diced
- 1 scallion stock
- 1 sweet pepper, yellow or orange, medium diced
- 1 tomato, medium diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Kwame’s Toasted Curry Powder
- 1qt broth (vegetable if you want to have vegan)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- lime juice
- roasted pepitas
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Dice carrot, squash, onion, pepper and tomato. Evenly coat with olive oil and seasoning with 2 tablespoons of curry powder. Roast on a sheet pan until partially tender, approximately 10-15 min. You want to see a good maillard reaction.
- While your vegetables are roasting, place coconut oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Once to temp drop to medium-low heat and put curry powder in pot to slightly warm to pull out oils of blend.
- Pull veggies out of the oven and place into a stockpot with spices. Mix spice well.
- Pour in coco milk and broth and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes or veggies are spoon tender.
- Remove scallion stock and season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Using either an immersion blender or a blender blend soup to desired consistency. Garnish with cilantro, yogurt, lime juice and/or roasted pepitas.